I know that there is nothing better for men than to be happy and do good while they live. That everyone may eat and drink, and find satisfaction in all his toil—this is the gift of God.
Ecclesiastes 5:18-19

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Busy having fun!

No pics for this quick little post. My camera is broken and I haven't had a chance to shop for a new one. Thank God for great friends taking pictures for me lately.

We have been in full blast since school started and are loving every minute of it. Trever read his first word and Abbie read her first chapter book at the beginning of this year. We have experienced the wonderful sound of Opera, the Orchestra, and the Orlando Ballet. We've also visited the Florida Aquarium for some fun (my kids thought it was for fun, but we did get some education). The kids have dressed up like mummies and Egyptians throughout our exploring of Ancient Civilization. Trever is still very upset that people actually ate lizards in a stew. Afterall, they are not predators to people. Abbie thought lizard stew sounded disgusting and found comfort in the fact that there were vegetables back then.

Abbie is in the full swing of dance and both of my children will be starting a P.E. class next Wednesday. We also are 4-H members and Trever simply can not get enough of 4-H or CO-OP.

As for Jeff, well he has once again moved himself up in the company at SECO and is loving his new position. I am so proud of him and I am glad that he is having such great success where the Lord has placed him. I am still working part-time. Only every other weekend dayshifts, and every Monday night. The days are wonderful. We also started a small group in our home that is held once a month. It was a little scary diving in, but we have been sitting and praying for a year about what the Lord would have us. It was soon confirmed that it was time and so far it has been great.

Well, I guess that's all concerning the Light clan. I hope to have a camera soon!!

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

You guys have been some busy bees! I love hearing all the good stuff that's happening :)