I know that there is nothing better for men than to be happy and do good while they live. That everyone may eat and drink, and find satisfaction in all his toil—this is the gift of God.
Ecclesiastes 5:18-19

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Wow! What a weekend!

Wow! What a weekend we had and of coarse I don't have one picture to post. I will still tell about it because even though it was just a typical weekend with family for most, it was much more for me.
I have been so homesick the last month and missing my Mommy and Daddy, my sisters family, and my sweet, sweet Grandmama. I wanted to go to Blountstown so bad, and when it just didn't work out I cried myself to sleep. It did turn out to be a really good weekend.
My good friend Amy always knows how to pull out some fun in the nick of time and fun she made happen. Friday night we went and had a FABULOUS dinner that consisted of all the fresh veggies out of her families garden and mine. It was delicious and I felt just like I was sitting in my Grandmama's kitchen. Then we all got to zipline it in the dark. It was so much fun and Trever reminded me that I finally got my wish.............I flew!!! He's asked me a hundred times what I would want my super power to be and he didn't forget. He cried when he got on and then love it after he tried it. Abbie of coarse had no fear and is still talking about doing it again. We also got to see the rednecks version of hauling a refrigerator. Darn! I didn't get a picture of that either. Brad drove the tractor down with Brent and the fridge on the front. It was hysterical. I laughed until I cried. If only I had Amy's flip at the time. We would probably all be VERY rich! OH yeah, and Jeff got to see Bon Qui Qui for the first time.
Saturday was another fun-filled day. We met up with the Symonds clan at the pool and we all watched it storm until we gave up on the fun in the sun part. We decided some smoked bacon-wrapped backstrap would be much better at the Light's crib. So along with some fine dining prepared my personal chef, Mr. Jeff Light, we listened to Trever and Aaron argue over Mario Bros., ate candybar pie, and ended with herding a bull back into a pasture at 10:45 p.m. Yes!!! I did it!!! Ask Sam. She was there!! After it was all done Trever said, "Mommy, you are a bull trainer!"
We closed our weekend up with some DIVINE grilled rib-eye's done by Mr. Aaron Symonds himself, along with Jill's glorious ranch potatoes,Amy's banana pudding, and Sam's fine hosting!! Our kids were loving the freedom to play with friends while their parents let them do just about whatever they wanted. No fights, only a few tears, but alot of giggles from a great group of kids. We ladies had a great game of Kinasta, Trever talked his Uncle Steve into iceskating as Bowser on the Wii............that was hysterical, and Brent completely tortured Trever throughout the whole game. He's good at that. We wrapped it up with a swim in the Jone's pool at which time the children became completely wild and had the time of their lives swimming in the rain!! Samantha and I had to close our eyes because our children were flying through the air while Steve was throwing them and Aaron was doing cartwheels and backflips into the pool. That was a little to much. We did try and get ziplining in one more time, but the lightning was just too scary for this semi-country girl.
By today, the Light's were completely worn out. Although I couldn't be with my biological family, my God family filled my tank full!! It was all good. Instead of crying because I was sad this weekend, I cried because I was laughing. It was just what I needed:-)

Until next time..................................love all of my blog friends!!

No comments: